&t skeet on mischa: Pink Turns to Blue

skeet on mischa

i wouldn't have given you it if i didn't agree

Jun 28, 2006

Pink Turns to Blue


So last week, I saw photos of Kate Bosworth at the premiere of Superman Returns (Thursday night, IMAX 3-D, dudes) and I thought the girl looked like Bowie in Nicolas Roeg’s The Man Who Fell to Earth (if you’re into smoking illegal substances and watching movies, then this one has to be the tipy top of your list). Yet here, she is today, still looking a little bit too skinny; the baggy pants only help the anorexic claims, but you know, she looks cute. Pretty cool graphic on her tee and shiny blonde hair perfectly telling the rest of the world that those Californian blondes really do do it better than everybody else.

I’m still working on my review of Nacho Libre; not that it requires that long of a review. It’s just that I need to find new points to make because Passion of the Weiss pretty much nailed it. I will say this though; it does not hurt one’s film going experience to watch the film with a bunch of kids from summer camp. Just unsure how everybody will be able to pull that off unless you're a dirty bag or a camp counselor.

Friends don't let friends wear tevas. Friends lend friends their Pavement CDs or at least make mix tapes of Pavement.

Pig tails and she’s drinking what appears to be a Negra Modelo? I guess God really is a dude after all is said and done. She’s probably wearing wedge sandals, too. Wedge sandals are the best part of summer.

Does anybody know if any new stuff from The Rapture leaked on line yet? I remember back in the day, I think I was the only person who didn’t have a copy of their last album, “Echoes,” six months before it came out. I mean, even a poor, rough mix that leaked copy of the new TV On the Radio album, which, probably is my third favorite album of the year, thus far.

A friend of mine told me the other day that rooting for Brasil in the World Cup is like rooting for the Yankees, but it’s like this, I’m rooting for Brasil because the country has given so much to the world. Remember last year when everybody was freaking out over Baile Funk? That was from Brasil and it made you dance a couple of times. It’s the country that gave us Adriana Lima and the film, City of God, so why not root for them? Of course, one could go the heritage and linage route and root or as we’d say back in the grade school days, vote for the countries where your ancestors came from. Where’s the fun in that though? Pick and cheer for the countries that make interesting art or have laws that you wish your current country have.

Besides being the summer of the wedge sandal, it’s the summer of talking too loudly. At a baseball game, Robin Brown was sitting to these ladies who were probably pissed that they got rejected from both “The Real Housewives of Orange County” and “Tuesday Night Book Club” talking about sex with ugly guys. It was a situation where it got so bad that we moved, but then they got offended by the fact that we moved, that they moved.

Then when I was getting a smoothie today, I waked by this really weird conversation; like I was concerned enough to entertain the idea of interjecting and being like one of those cool guys in a beer commercial that helps a girl out of a bad date by making some witty one liner, but if anything, I’d be the guy getting the drink spilled on them. And you know when you walk by some body engaged in a conversation, you pick up on certain fun words to tell your friend later; oh the funny conversations the people who sit behind me must have afterwards, but the words were really startling like: “You break me down,” and now, I’m concerned and probably be combing through the papers about any incidents at the Irvine Spectrum.


Catch on (Rachel Bilson’s) backside and yes, I know that was rather creepy.

2 Comments:

At 12:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait...you did an entire post without mentioning Howard Stern? Shocking...

 
At 3:04 PM , Blogger Douglas Reinhardt said...

This may be a shock to the system, but the Stern show hasn't been a home run at all this week. It's been a legged out double.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home