&t skeet on mischa: On The Phone Part '88

skeet on mischa

i wouldn't have given you it if i didn't agree

Jul 6, 2006

On The Phone Part '88

One of the world’s biggest problems and I think from now until the end of the new season of “Rock Star: Supernova,” it’ll be on display. It should be noted that I have yet to watch all of the episode from last night. Got home late and watched some documentary about Nicholas Ray first, but, I’m straying from the point. Seeing footage of the newly formed super group cleverly called, Supernova and the only thing that comes to my mind is, how much money did those stylists run away with? Being a celebrity stylist is about as big of racket as being a gigolo, especially the stylists who dress men. These stylists have no got to go in rock ‘n’ roll. No one knows what exactly it means to look rock ‘n’ roll or what personifies as rock ‘n’ roll. To me, rock means music with guitars and drums and a goal of to have a good time. Rock is a casual thing, example VH-1’s“Super Group” who refused to listen to their stylist and wanted to focus on making good music.

You know people are always complaining that rock music sucks today and yeah, it does because the new rock bands on the scene are more concerned with how they look on the album as opposed to making a great rock album. That Velvet Revolver album from a couple of years could’ve and should’ve been better, but most likely, besides the daily, if not hourly drug tests of Scott Weiland (have to make sure he’s still clean), but I want to bet that they spent way too much time on how to appeal a new demographic because it’s the 2000s and not 1987 anymore. Let’s have people make great music first, and afterwards, make them dress like assholes.

Back onto the show, “Rock Star,” for a moment, you know I give a lot of shit to L.C. from “The Hills” being cold, distant and humorless, but in comparison to Brooke Burke, L.C. has about as much expression as a “In Living Color,” era Jim Carrey. The best part of Brooke Burke’s website is a ‘Shut up’ feature, where you can shut up her. It’s a rather interesting and more people should use this function. And you know after all of these years, you would’ve thought that Brooke Burke would learn how to use inflection in her voice. Placing emphasis words when talking helps conveying feelings of excitement.

If Will Arnett does not win an Emmy this year, there’ll be some nerdy riots. Fuck Sean Hayes and anybody else nominated. G.O.B. is perhaps the greatest character in television since Al Swearengen.

All that praise Pitchfork gave to the new TV On The Radio album makes one wonder when the backlash against the album is going to begin. The more and more I listen to the album, its quickly surpassing “Fish Scale,” as my favorite album of this year. But you know with Pitchfork creaming all over it, I might not be a fan of it anymore.

6 Comments:

At 2:07 PM , Blogger Passion of the Weiss said...

Maybe it's me but I've never got into the TV on the Radio madness that everyone seems to have. It's not that I dislike them so much but I just think they're overated. I saw them open for Franz Ferdinand at the Greek last year and was pretty unimpressed. That said, I haven't heard the new album and I do like "I was a Lover" quite a bit. But Pitchfork's hype made me disinclined to give it much of a chance. I'll have to let you know my thoughts after I get it.

 
At 6:48 PM , Blogger Ian said...

Once again, as far as the 'Fork goes, believe the number and disregard the text. I didn't think much of TV On The Radio before this album, but it IS that good.

I think of it as the "Illinois" to "Bloodthirsty Babes"'s "Michigan." I liked the earlier ones, but not too much; they're both a little muddy and overdone. The new joints are a lot more colorful and tuneful, plus they have better songs and a better sense of arrangement. There's a slight chance it could surpass "Fishscale" on my list, which is kind of the tragedy of albums that get released earlier in the year. If "Silent Alarm" came out in November of 2005, it would've been #1 on everyone's list, hands down. The thing about "Fishscale" is that like "Silent Alarm," it's such an obvious classic that it's not really that interesting to actually debate about anymore.

 
At 7:13 PM , Blogger Douglas Reinhardt said...

One can always debate where "Fishscale" is going to land on their ten best list.

It's true about "Silent Alarm," because I thought it was the album of the year for a couple of months, then I heard a bunch of other albums that were better.

 
At 7:24 PM , Anonymous Bonham Hathaway said...

What movie is your Oh Snap from?

 
At 7:31 PM , Blogger Douglas Reinhardt said...

Godard's Band of Outsiders

 
At 12:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good lookin' out on Angela Simmons. Everyone knows that she's better looking than her sister, yet the sister is the aspiring model. How did that happen?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home