&t skeet on mischa: Clap Trap

skeet on mischa

i wouldn't have given you it if i didn't agree

Sep 18, 2006

Clap Trap


I tried to watch The Last Kiss this past weekend, but something more fun and interesting came up and for what seemed like the first time in a couple of months, didn’t make it to the movies at least once during the weekend. Although it should be noted that a few weeks ago, I did happen to watch Mike Judge’s Idiocracy. Jeff from Passion of the Weiss makes a good point about how the internet community has failed to get behind a funny, smart film like this one, but they’ll go apeshit over a shitty movie like Snakes on a Plane. The only difference between Idiocracy and the current crop of big budgeted comedies is probably no cameos by members of the Frat Pack and Idiocracy is rather smart; not to mention, the film features a mini reunion of the Lawn Wranglers. The biggest shame of this film is that we’ll probably never get to see another film made by Mike Judge. I can’t understand how Judge continues to work with a studio like Fox. First, they dump his film, Office Space, which and not to toot my own horn, I saw in the theaters twice, but it became a cult hit and loosely inspired two critical acclaimed as well as highly successful sitcoms. Then his show, “King of the Hill,” airs at such random times that for me, I have lost track of when to tune in and of course, there’s the year long delaying and just dumping Idiocracy like a mobster dumps a dead body into a river. I assume that Judge has enough fuck you money from “Beavis & Butt-Head,” but there’s a part of me that wants to believe he’d like to be out there, making movies and expressing his weird political views of where this country is going. Idiocracy, I believe through word of mouth will develop once again, a strong audience on DVD and cable. It’s a film full of quick one liners and sight gags that require a couple of viewings to catch and to remember so you can quote them with your friends a couple of days later. Not to mention the film features the best work by Luke Wilson in my humble opinion since The Royal Tennebaums as well as a great performance by one of the skeet on… empire’s most vile villains, Justin Long. If I was able to laugh at something Justin Long said, then the film has to be worth your time. So if you’re lucky to be one of the towns that the film is playing it, go out after work or school tonight and check it out. And if not, add it your Netflix que, then proceed to purchase a couple of days later.

Anybody got any thoughts on RJD2’s decision to quit hip hop? Did he hear that new Shadow album and thought there’s no hope for the genre or does he want to see more cooler than actually he is? You know, will it allow him to get more money from commercial licensing e because now, he makes instrumental music instead of music where he used to chop up a bunch of breaks? This reference may be a bit of stretch for some, but does anybody remember the intro for the Kut Masta Kurt/Kool Keith/Motion Man album, “Masters of Illusion”? Some random guy calls bullshit on the Trip Hop movement of the late 90s, for those who haven’t heard the album (and frankly, you should because Kool Keith’s verse on “Time 2 Get Right” blows my mind wide open) and the random voice goes onto say that people said they made or were into trip hop because they were scared to say they were into hip hop. I’m just wondering if RJ is ditching hip hop because you know, the dude wants to make Moby money. Granted the tracks that RJ makes me where he sings have a bit of a Postal Service vibe to them, but you know the dude still and will always make hip hop music.

Speaking of rap music, may I direct you towards this week’s songs of the moments. Two songs from both ends of the hip hop spectrum; you have the Juelz Santana/Lil’ Wayne collabo, “Rubber Burnin” featuring a nice vocal sample of T.I. and the other track is Lupe Fiasco’s “American Terrorists,” which I have to say that Fiasco made two great albums this year; chalk one up to the bootleggers. So please check those tunes out; there may be no babe of the week, but two great songs.

Also, I think I have to switch my vote of producer of the year from Timbaland to Cool & Dre. In spite of Timbo returning to that classic sound on “My Love,” Cool & Dre have some songs this year that stay in your head forever and ever, even if it’s one of the worst rappers on the beat. The other night when I was writing this mess, the iTunes shuffle played “Boss” by Rick Ross and for the next two days, I had the song in my head. It drove me insane. Sitting at a table, with a beer in my head and all I’m thinking about is Ricky Ross calling himself the boss for the 30th time in the matter of 45 seconds. Nobody shouldn’t be paying attention to Rick Ross, but because of the production by Cool & Dre, I can sing along to his verses when I hear his stuff on the radio.

Then again, I just think my taste in music has gone to shit. I heard half of that Fergie album and thought it was pretty decent. Granted, I was walking around at school, but it’s pretty good for what it is. For as much as shit, people, myself included give Will I Am; the dude can produce a quality pop, dancey number.


Dueling size zeroes. I remember hearing a story many moons ago about John Bleushi attacking Brian Wilson when he was hiding out and telling him that he needs to go surfing. Now, I think we need to do a similar thing with Adam Brody, except with hamburgers. In an attempt to lose weight, I’ve drastically reduced my intake of red meat. Maybe one or twice a week, I’ll have some red meat, but it’s mostly chicken or pork or turkey. So I crave the fuck out of hamburgers nowadays, but here’s the problem, my cravings is always greater the hamburger its self with exception to that time a month or two ago when I had Fatburger; you know my hamburger desires are satisfied and I want to believe that I force feed some manorexia hamburgers it’ll make me feel better. I think that’s what I really want to do, is just force some skinny kid to eat like a pastrami one pound burger from Carls, then watch them explode after wards.

The thing about the meeting of Cory K and Vincent Gallo is that you only wish they would’ve meet up with each other a couple of years earlier. So, Cory K could’ve been one of those girls Vincent Gallo picks up and drives around the block in The Brown Bunny or at least, that’s how I remember the film. There’s something to this collaboration. The Cobra Snake should’ve kept his grip a little tighter because I think Cory K is probably going to be in Gallo’s next movie about a couple hiking in the woods and perhaps, camping and that’s all. 90 minutes of people literally and perhaps figuratively pitching a tent. It’ll put so much shame in the Brown Bunny’s game.

Can anybody confirm or deny that this is the same girl that had this NSFW website a couple of years back?


Movie nerds are crapping their pants over the news about Bertolucci’s The Conformist is finally coming out on DVD this year. Sure, it’s not a Criterion release, but at least the film will finally available to own and watch instead of hearing people talk about how great the cinematography is.

7 Comments:

At 9:42 AM , Blogger Passion of the Weiss said...

That Vincent Gallo and Corey Kennedy picture is the most grotestue image I've ever seen. Where's the cobrasnake in all this? Is he going to let his girl run off with this low-budget equivalent of a real filmmaker. I think Brown Bunny is still the worst movie I've ever seen. It reminds me of that episode of Arrested Development when Charlize Theron tells Maebe to write a movie called The Oceanwalker and Maebe replies that its so strange everyone will think its brilliant because they dont want to look stupid. God that movie was pointless and flat out disturbing.

Also glad to see the praise for Idiocracy....my best friend called me after seeing it yesterday and told me he hated it. i'm still baffled.

 
At 4:57 PM , Anonymous Danielle said...

Idiocracy really is an awesome movie. Of course not Oscar-worthy or anything but still non-stop hilarious. The only reason i saw it was because my dad almost worked on it (he worked on Office Space) and I read the script which was even better. Keep in mind this was two years ago. But otherwise I would have never even heard of the movie, seeing as there was absolutely NO promotion for it! What's the story behind this??

 
At 3:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can confirm it's the same chick. google Xochielt.

 
At 10:35 AM , Blogger Wade Word said...

great, since confirmation from an anonymous source is so fucking useful.

 
At 12:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

what? would you like her to confirm it personally? or should i leave my name and address? it's her - take it or leave it dick.

 
At 12:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

fuck it i'm arguing with a guy who lists billy madison as one of their favourite movies - i'm the dick!

 
At 12:30 AM , Blogger Douglas Reinhardt said...

It's not one of my favorite movies, but Billy Madison does have one of my favorite movie lines. And yes, I am a dick.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home