&t skeet on mischa: Finna bars

skeet on mischa

i wouldn't have given you it if i didn't agree

Oct 5, 2006

Finna bars


Is it me or does it seem like the new Scorsese film The Departed flown rather low under the radar? Granted there were those stories about Nicholson on Defamer a week or two ago, but for the most part, it doesn’t seem like there’s the right amount of hoopla behind the film. Sure, Scorsese is still working with DiCaprio, but you have to admire Scorsese for going back to the crime epic well one more time. And at least this time around, it’s not just a variation on the style and techniques from Goodfellas, he’s aiming for the fences. Could’ve done better casting, but hey, who am I judge?

I want to believe that with the release of The Departed, it marks a shift to a point where films are finally better than TV shows. Right now, TV is winning that battle; there’s just too much good TV out there right now and very few films that are worth trip out to the theater. Or people like myself get so excited and over hype our selves on the fact that Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu has a new film out, then we watch it and think it’s only okay. Honestly, we gotta stop doing that or at least, I have to stop doing that because it makes going to the movies suck. With TV shows and why become addicted to certain shows is because generally, exception levels for TV is so low. If a show like “The Nine” was a movie, I’d probably never watch it because what are they going to do in two hours with that particular story? Interesting concept, but as a movie, it wouldn’t work. Yet watching it after “Lost,” I was on the edge of my seat. It’s great TV and the writers can spend 22 episodes developing character arcs. With film, the writer has a couple of pages to establish a character.

I dunno. I just hope that movies get better rather quickly.

Speaking of “Lost,” I wasn’t blown away by the episode, but the conclusion of the episode left me wanting more, a lot more. A solid episode and I’ll be back next week, eager and waiting to hate upon it.

Forget about a Hilary Clinton run for president in ’08, I think what America needs theSean Lennon/Cory Kennedy campaign. And you know that America would become the best-dressed country, but we as a nation would be riding on our famous father’s coat tails, too.

Anybody see “South Park” last night? My Comedy Central feed exploded last night because all I saw was a black screen; no
Colbert Report either. Sucks.

I'm kinda of crushing on Captain Ahab and their song, "Girls Gone Wild" as featured on last week's "The Office". Get into it.

4 Comments:

At 9:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My cable feed started shitting bricks during South Park as well; I had the black screen for about 8 minutes total. I'm not sure what was going on but a friend in Berkeley had no problems.

Have you seen Infernal Affairs?

-- Najork

 
At 12:02 PM , Blogger Passion of the Weiss said...

I caught both Colbert and South Park...it was a good episode but not a great one...it made fun of World of Warcraft and basically the episode was one long joke where the kids of south park were talking in their voices while appearing as dwarves and midieval warriors in the game...it was weird...a bit disappointing for a season premiere but enjoyable nonetheless.

 
At 10:17 PM , Anonymous Josh said...

I dont really understand why Comedy Central are advertising as the beginning of the 10th season... it is the second half of the 10th, is it not? the episode is 1008. why wouldn't the network, y'know, strive for a lil accuracy now and then? Matt and Trey go on 60 minutes or whatever and sell the fact that it's been 10 years...why not just do this back in March when the season premiered?

 
At 1:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

it also has the whole team america joke where they impose action movie drama and self importance on situations that clearly dont deserve them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home