&t skeet on mischa: Scar face

skeet on mischa

i wouldn't have given you it if i didn't agree

Oct 11, 2006

Scar face


As long as “30 Rock” doesn’t featuring a storyline involving the romantic entanglements between Sarah Paulson and Matthew Perry that goes nowhere and brings the show to a grinding halt, it’ll probably be a hit. Tina Fey is bound to knock it out of the park or at least a little funnier than Aaron Sorkin and his little show. Well, Tina Fey thinks of comedy first and fore most, so she would get bogged down in the much known as a shitty love story between two actors who absolutely have no chemistry together whatsoever. Not to mention that “30 Rock” has amazing cast: Fey, Tracy “I’m the king of Scores” Morgan, Alec Baldwin, and Judah Friedlander. Not to mention that there’d probably be a ton of jokes about how dumb Jimmy Fallon is. So, here’s to hoping that Tina Fey comes up with some “Larry Sanders” type of magic.

It should be noted that there must be a rather large buzz or at least in my neck of the woods for those Cold War Kids. Had to go to two Best Buys to find their album and by the time I found it, it was the store’s last copy. So either they’re under distributing the album or only putting out a couple of copies at a time or people are just into the music and want to buy an album.

The Thigh Master thighally gets to see Borat and guess what? He loved it!

Not sure if many caught this, but last night during Spike TV’s Scream Awards, they showed some footage from the Rodriguez / Tarantino double feature Grind House. If you were at Comic Con this summer, then you saw a majority of the footage already; just a couple more shots of gore here and there. If anything the footage they showed down plays the fact that Rodriguez’s portion of the double feature, Planet Terror looks and feels like an old John Carpenter film. The footage was shown right around the start of the second hour. I taped it and just fast forwarded to the point in the show where they were giving an award to Tarantino and Rodriguez. So if you flip by Spike and catch a hastily put together montage of the works of the directors, stick around for a little bit, cause you’ll be treated to some footage. Or one could just wait until it’s on YouTube or whatever. [Editor's note: the footage can now be seen here]

Has this happened to anybody else before because I feel as if this happens to me all the time. So, the one part of the day I go outside because it’s nice and what not; you know, it’s Southern California and I sit outside and read the paper or do a bit of writing, but the minute I take something out of my backpack, the wind starts to blow rather hard making it either difficult to read something because the pages are moving in two different directions. It defeats the purpose of enjoying nature or at least from my perspective. Perhaps nature is telling me that I shouldn’t be reading. You know, you can’t make a cow any prettier by putting a top hat on it, so why am I reading? I’m already dumb enough.
I had a conversation with a friend of mine a couple of months ago. More than a couple of months ago; probably like 6 months ago. Any ways, my friend, she’s a big fan of American Apparel and I made a joke saying, “oh, man, I can’t wait for them to make jeans”. Well, check it out, we got American Apparel jeans coming in the next couple of weeks. I’m not a fan of co signers unless it’s regards to talking about answers on multiple choice tests after class (‘did you get a lot of true answers, too?’ ‘yeah, i did.’), but I think I’m going to wait for somebody like Cory Kennedy to co sign for them before I even think about considering buying those jeans.

Then again, how important in this day and age is a co sign from a celebrity? I was listening to a nameless hip hop show and one of the guys on the show was making a deal about how 50 Cent was on “106 & Park,” talking about how he liked that “Chicken Noodle Soup” tune as well as the new Jim Jones single, “We Fly High,” (which by the way, sorry, Capo status, blows). Does a thing like that really affect one’s musical tastes? In a way it has sorta affected my film viewing habits because directors I like talk about their influences and I want to watch those films, but I’m a film snob and what not. But for normal, regular people, is an individual on the level of 50 talking about how he likes a particular song going to affect anything?

Fuck Brooke Skye and free Bubba even though he’s not locked up


It should be noted that last night’s “Veronica Mars,” while getting the show back on track and what it does well. Being funny, weird and presenting more questions than answers, but also the episode featured a shout out to frequent commentor, Najork (V. Mars said, “holy smokes,” for those who weren’t keeping score). Now, we just need to make sure that we never ever see that Piz guy again (why can’t Wallace’s roommate be the guy from “Freaks & Geeks”?) and getting rid of those American Eagle girls; yes, I fast forward through those things, but I caught the tail end of one and it just makes the show it’s made only for girls. It’s a show that can be enjoyed by anybody.

4 Comments:

At 8:24 AM , Blogger Natali Hopkins said...

Nuns, eh?

I read the pilot for 'Untitled Tina Fey Project' a few months ago in class. It smelled like a hit.

 
At 9:05 AM , Blogger christa t said...

The Aerie commercials show how clueless CW is about marketing their shows. In VM, really the relationships are only secondary to the cases she's solving, as exemplified in the two minutes of total screen time Logan and Veronica have actually shared so far this season. This isn't effing Grey's Anatomy, in which malignant brain tumors play second fiddle to the "will they or won't they?" storylines.

 
At 9:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was stunned, STUNNED. I was running around the room like some euro football player. If only I blogged more frequently so I had an excuse to go completely ape and plaster little youtube movies of it all over everything. Oh well, it was still amazing.

-- Najork

 
At 10:41 AM , Blogger Thigh Master said...

and i totally was fapping to j brewster in my head while watching borat

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home