&t skeet on mischa: Goose Steps

skeet on mischa

i wouldn't have given you it if i didn't agree

Nov 2, 2006

Goose Steps


Sacha Baron Cohen and his various in character interviews as Borat has probably reached the point of annoyance and tedium, especially for those who don’t dig. Yet, I have to point out the interview Cohen gave as Borat on the Howard Stern show the other day and this may sound weird, but it felt like the most honest interview the character of Borat has ever given. During this media onslaught, it feels as if Borat has been saying the same thing over and over again, but with the Stern interview, Borat was a little bit fresher and just plain funny. Or maybe it was the fact that Borat said, “what?” a lot and that’s been making me laugh a lot lately. Who knows, but check it out on In Demand, if you got it.

And this is why you shouldn’t wear lingerie as your Halloween costume.


I think I’ve held my tongue for long enough, but once again, I have to be honest with you. This new season of “V. Mars” just isn’t clicking with me. Maybe it’s the new opening credits sequence, maybe it’s horrible Piz character (thankfully, he wasn’t around this past week), maybe I was too distracted by the pock marked skin of Weevil (I’m not even watching in HD) or maybe, just maybe, it’s the fact that this season’s major mystery just isn’t that compelling. It’s still funny and there has some great casting this season; mostly the extended cameo by Richard Grieco, but there’s no real sense of high drama with the Hearst rapist business. It was good for one episode in season two, but for mini season? There’s just not a lot there to keep interested; you know, which red herring is Veronica going to discover this week and what reference will be made to “Battlestar Galactica.” You know, I need more than this.

In a weird move, I’m actually enjoying “Lost” more than any other show this season. Well, “The Office,” and “30 Rock” are still really funny, but I’m actually looking forward to watching an episode and I’m no longer instantly considering an episode to be the worst episode in the history of the series just because one of the first characters I see is Charlie and or Clare. I’m slowly learning to move past that. For some reason, the writers enjoy killing characters off; just not the ones I’m into. Although the thing about this season is that it seems with the last couple of episodes, it’s an attempt to appease the audience and their complaints about season two. We’ve seen the return of the smoke monster and the polar bear thus far and it’s been interesting. Yet at the same time, it just feels like Damon Lindelof is a frustrated parent yelling, “Are you happy now?” after we, collectively broke a new toy or something.

Anybody else find it distracting to talk to somebody with one of those spetum nose piercings? Just throwing it out there.

Also, the first single from The Game's should've been the Just Blaze produced, "Remedy" instead of "One Blood," and that god awful Scott Storch produced, "Let's Go". More on that album in a couple or somebody else has written about it.

5 Comments:

At 1:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure what to think of V. Mars yet. I'm trying to figure out how much of the rape arc has to do with the new network and its attempts to focus the demographic, how much has to do with the need for something that can be wrapped up in half a season, and how much is just Thomas changing things up and trying to do something that is still serious but more small-scale than the fairly insane season 2 arc. One thing that is definitely not working is everything involving Logan. The fire ha s gone out of both the character completely. Also, Francis Capra looks terrible, but I like him and his bad acting for some reason.

I think the show I'm enjoying most right now may be season 3 of Battlestar Galactica. The first couple episodes were a little dicey but it is doing fairly well now. I know you don't watch, but what can I say, I'm an old sci/fi partisan and it makes me happy when my people produce something good for once.

 
At 11:27 AM , Blogger Passion of the Weiss said...

Sadly, I like that "Let's Ride" song...but "Remedy" is a good choice. I wouldn't be surprised if you hear five or even six singles from that album hit radio.

 
At 1:11 PM , Blogger Douglas Reinhardt said...

Yeah, I think Weevil is on the junk or something.

I read out loud a spec script somebody wrote for an enpisode of "Battlestar" in my class and I dug it. Not sure if I dug it enough to watch it, but still.

 
At 8:05 PM , Blogger Chuck Reinhardt said...

I was grossed out talking to a server at El Gringo with that nose piercing. I foudn it way too distracting, even worse than rampant tattoos. I stopped going on her days/nights.

 
At 12:22 AM , Anonymous Bonham Hathaway said...

I find all tattoos to be severly ugly.

I haven't got turned on by a lower back tattoo since I turned 13, when I actually sat down and thought about it.

I mean, I understand that the perception is that if a woman has a (lower back) tattoo, she's probably more loose than the unmarked and is probably more adventurous in bed, and that's kinda hot, I guess, but to me the single most beautiful thing in the world is the naked female form, so to put a tattoo on it has the opposite affect. Same with girls with guy's haircuts (unless you had or currently have cancer, then I understand.)

But...that said, the belly button piercing with the diamond on the inside and then a diamond hanging off, I find to be so incredible sexy, it should be illegal.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home