&t skeet on mischa: At The Drive In Status

skeet on mischa

i wouldn't have given you it if i didn't agree

Dec 26, 2006

At The Drive In Status


I wouldn’t call it a hiatus in the At The Drive In since or even for that matter the Sleater-Kinney or the type of hiatus that has fallen upon many television programs such as “The Nine.” I feel bad about that because I was all aboard that trolley, but after the third episode, I lost interest in the story of those particular characters. With that said, it should be noted that the skeet on… empire is going on hiatus for a bit. Not sure if it’s a long while or a short while, but the writing has been on the wall for quite a while now.

Much like my favorite Diplomats song of 2006, I’ve been losing my love for this shit like Juelz Santana on “The Movement Moves On”. I’m finding it hard to get on here and to complain about stuff. You know, who cares about how shitty I think the film The Good Shepard is. (You should avoid it at all costs and I even regret watching it at a free screening [although, if you’re interested in free screenings, check out Campus Circle]). Perhaps, its burn out. I’m not sure, but I just assume that everything in the next couple of weeks are going to be fairly crazy for me. So, I’m not sure if I’ll be up to the task of writing about “Heroes” or complain about how the internet should just calm down about new Arcade Fire and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah albums. There’ll be a backlash and all, but I still think the kids are going to be a little over zealous on the matter.

I’ll come back eventually; it’ll just be later rather than sooner unless like Nicole Richie goes nuts or something like. It should be noted that I’ll probably be calling into SCEPH each week to talk about shit.

6 Comments:

At 9:47 AM , Blogger Passion of the Weiss said...

To quote the epic KWS song from 1992, that I got for my Christmas Gift in the 6th Grade: "Please Don't Go."
Forget the fact that I'm Jewish and wasn't really supposed to get Xmas gifts and concentrate on the selfishness that we all will feel for missing your writing. Hope this hiatus is more like Jay-Z than Sleater-Kinney. I'm not quite sure what that means but it sounds like something a blogger is supposed to say.

 
At 4:04 PM , Blogger Najork said...

The web will be much less worth reading
if nobody will do the skeeting.

Happy holidays, come back when you feel reinvigorated.

 
At 6:07 PM , Blogger Robin Brown said...

While I agree that you shouldn't stop blogging I would also like to point out that, like douglas said, he will be guesting weekly on my internet radio show SCEPH. He has his own segment called DR COSOMAR (Douglas Reinhardt Creator of Skeet On Mischa Anything Review). So yeah. Hit him up when you can.

 
At 5:24 PM , Anonymous Bonham Hathaway said...

As much as I'd hate to see you stop, and I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but I'd rather have no skeet instead of bad skeet.

Don't turn into Bill Simmons. If you want a break, take it.

 
At 1:31 AM , Blogger Robin Brown said...

I still check this daily. It seems unnatural that you'd have no inkling to post something.

 
At 8:19 PM , Blogger Douglas Reinhardt said...

I know. It's kinda weird. Maybe Tuesday night/Wednesday morning or at least next week cause, fingers crossed, I'll have a laptop to take to work, so I can jott down some ideas.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home