&t skeet on mischa: Of Modern Measure

skeet on mischa

i wouldn't have given you it if i didn't agree

Jan 17, 2007

Of Modern Measure


I never thought I’d get to this point in my life, but I’m actually starting to enjoy going to work, even if it’s just an internship. It’s still work all the same. And oddly, I want to come in more days a week even if it means spending more time stuck behind a conked out BMW in the third lane. I feel like as if I’m in Elementary school all over again and you know, the day that I don’t come into the office is the day that like the anti drug robot from the local police department shows up and like the entire fourth grade chases the robot around the school. I worry that something on that level of cool is going to happen while I’m not there. I’m not expecting rappin’ robots or anything, but I worry that I’m going to miss like somebody bringing cupcakes or some other sugary treat.

Speaking of rappin’, I think Passion of the Weiss may have forgotten to include my new favorite rapper, Hip Hop Harry on that awful rappers list. Frankly, I’d rather do the Harry than rockin’ my hips.

While on the subject of rap music, I like the “Make It Rain” (Remix) a lot. Maybe even more than the original classic; it’s the same song for the most part, but there’s something rather special about R. Kelly’s rapping/singing and that verse from the Pan's Labyrinth of rap music, Lil Wayne. I think why people all over Weezy these days isn’t due to lyrical skills, it’s largely due to the way he pronounces words. I like Wayne on the remix because he says umbrella in a comical manner. The video should be a remake of this scene though.

I missed the first hours of the new season of “24,” but I’ve purchased the DVD, so I’m about to embark on a fun game of catch up. For me, Fox releasing a DVD of the season premiere of “24” is perhaps one of the best business moves in a long time. The DVD, I assume is bare bones, but it doesn’t matter, it provides the viewing audience at large the chance to catch up with their favorite show and to get new viewers into the show. The DVR is a reliable, but it’s not the most reliable. Sometimes, there could be a recording error or it runs long and it cuts off during a tense moment. And downloading or pick up episodes off of iTunes, you know is good, but you have to watch it on your computer and who knows how long it’ll take if you’re downloading an episode off of a Bit Torrent. And watching an episode of “Heroes” on NBC’s site is good in theory, but you know the quality of video leaves more to be desired. So why aren’t more networks acting like Fox and selling DVDs of four episodes every month or so for 10 bucks. A twenty two episode season even with multiple DVD releases of four to five episodes will still net a large profit. There’ll still be the nerds like me who’ll drop the sixty bucks for the big box set, but also, think of the casual viewer who may have a crowded Monday night and would be easier for them to pick up a DVD.

Which brings up another point, I’m not sure if I’ll be able to complain about “Heroes” as often as I would starting next week. Classes until ten o’clock on Monday night and an early Tuesday morning. Not necessarily sure if missing an episode or two, is going to chance my opinion on the show. It’s great as I can fast forward through any scene involving that Stripper mom and her boring family.

It’s been a while, but never the less, Rachel B rocks that knit cap very well, but I’ve seen it done better and it was last weekend. But more importantly, we all should all be on the prowl for brilliance from the Barton Sisters, who apparently are the second coming of the Brontë sisters or dare I even say it, the Gish sisters.

Wow. I’m not sure if I could be anymore obscure with that one. Thank goodness for Wikipedia or even I wouldn’t get the joke that I was trying to make it. Not to mention, once one gets off the caption trolley, it’s really, really hard to get back into it. I honestly believe I’ve ran out of colorful ways to talk about models messing around with each other and girls from congazagas university. I have bigger fish to fry and worry about that then taking about how this girl was probably a band aid that cut out of Cameron Crowe’s Almost Famous or make some statement like if Kate Hudson was like this all the time, I’d probably like her.

The other night, I was at a bar with Robin Brown, but not to be confused with this Robin Brown or this Robin and you know some crummy band was playing. Some people danced, but it was mostly drunk girls cause it was the first night of a three day weekend. After the band finally left the stage, a DJ took over and he started playing some Juelz Santana. I got really excited, figuring that the dude would be playing a set filled of ironic, or at least to the mostly hip ( for the Orange Curtain; there were a couple of Cory Kennedy wanna bees in the mix), ironic rap tunes. Maybe some Clipse and I was on the verge of walking over and making a request because I figured that the guy might be somewhat on his shit, but the whole rest of his set or at least until they yelled ‘last call,’ were mash ups that he got at some record store. There weren’t even home made or downloaded off some MySpace (Hi thereHoop Dreams). It was so disappointing and even sadder than I thought about making some requests. Is there even a protocol about making requests in a bar with a DJ? I assume that if it’s Smiths night at the bar, then it’d be okay to request some Morrisey song, but you know, do I just let the guy do his thing? Maybe, I should get that mix and match software that everybody else uses on their laptops and become a DJ. DJ Skeet On Mischa, holla if you hear me.

Give me some time and I’ll be back in the thick of it.

4 Comments:

At 12:03 AM , Blogger Robin Brown said...

I think that badaid chick is a dude and apparently I look a lot better as a girl but not a girl that is also a realtor.

 
At 10:22 AM , Blogger Passion of the Weiss said...

I don't know how you do it, but every time you shout out one of these seemingly awful southern rap songs that I've ever heard of, I feel obligated to give it a listen. And then I end up loving it. So yes, I like the rainman remix way too much. Now I'm just angry at myself.

 
At 11:50 AM , Blogger Robin Brown said...

OK... I GET IT. Make it rain is all about skeet skeet skeet. OK I get it now.

 
At 10:51 AM , Blogger Nick said...

I love Conzagas U.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home