&t skeet on mischa: The Hoofs

skeet on mischa

i wouldn't have given you it if i didn't agree

Mar 8, 2007

The Hoofs


She might be scary, but Haylie Duff has the right idea for her Spring Break (shark attack). Although can one really have a Spring Break if they are not in school? Questions and theories. That’s beside the point though, I think she has the right idea though, you know, go some place warm where as I’m going back east and presumable into the cold. Then again, it’s always or at least partially sunny in California, so maybe the cold will do me some good or something. It’s a reasonable excuse to wear a pea coat.

I’ve been thinking about this for a while now and it needs to be said, all of these media reports that blogs are trend makers and taste setters is complete and utter bullshit. If blogs really set the trends and shaped the tastes for America and the world at large then people would be into Laura Veers instead of Norah Jones or something like that. I’ve never listened to either. But I’m saying this because people are hopefully starting to realize that America isn’t a nation of people who’ll download or sincerely thinking about purchasing albums from the bands that blogs are into, America wants to fucking rock. America is a nation of people who feel more comfortable listening to Motley Crue’s “Looks That Kill” while at a Mail Boxes Etc as opposed to smooth and relaxing sounds of like Feist. And honestly, rock music helps because normally whenever I go into that particular Mail Boxes etc its pretty empty, but once they start to jam out to some Crue, the place is packed. And look at professional sports, that ever elusive rich white people audience that was front and center for the NBA in the 80s and mid 90s has disappeared cause you know the NBA is too hip hop nowadays. I’m not sure if there’s a particular rock song that’ll work well after D. Wade hits a jumper.

I’m just honestly waiting for the day when they start to teach the classics of rock to the children of America. Sure, I may have discovered it on my own, but I think we’re getting to the point where an album like “Master of Puppets” by Metallica should be taught right next to the classics of Jack London. They teach most of this classic works of literature so we can have smarty pants conversations at dinner parties and at college parties, but you know if the kids don’t know the classics of Metallica, how are they going to celebrate touchdowns?

I think that one glass of wine I had at dinner really got me while I was writing this.

I want to say that it was a couple of weeks back that I saw a clip on “Best Week Ever where this guy had a full fledge meltdown cause he was without his blackberry for like 40 hours or something and I thought about it for a minute. Could I go without a cell phone? Probably not because I use my phone as a watch. Then I thought about maybe no text messaging and that was just a stupid premise since most of the people I talk to on a daily basis, I text. And I can’t quit the phone cause I basically answer phones all day long. Then I thought I could probably quit the internet. No e-mail, no blogs, no boobs, no looking for leaked versions of the new Bjork album. So Thursday will be no internet, even if it gets really slow at work. I’ll just have to jam out with my busted iPod headphones to Aesop Rock’s “None Shall Pass” to get through the day.

2 Comments:

At 11:33 AM , Blogger Jared said...

I’m just honestly waiting for the day when they start to teach the classics of rock to the children of America.

I think Lipstick Traces by Greil Marcus is the best book about the second half of the 20th century. We should be reading this in history classes instead of more books about the holocaust.

I took the History of Rock and Roll in college, but it was an elective and way too easy.

 
At 2:31 PM , Anonymous C-dice said...

a doves song was used for nfl commercials. it made me sad.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home