&t skeet on mischa: The Lawn Wranglers Forever

skeet on mischa

i wouldn't have given you it if i didn't agree

Aug 27, 2007

The Lawn Wranglers Forever


It’s really sad to hear about what happened to Owen Wilson over the weekend. Whether it was a suicide attempt or an overdose or what ever it was, it’s still rather sad. I can’t speak for all of my friends, but I know that in one way or another, we were influenced or inspired by Owen Wilson’s early work with Wes Anderson to pursue our various careers in the movies. Friendships and bonds have been made over the mutual love and affection for characters like Max Fischer, Royal Tenebaum and of course, Future Man. I’m not sure if any of my friendships would be as stronger as they are without endless viewings of Rushmore and Bottle Rocket during the summer in my last year of high school. And over the course of time, my love for Wes Anderson and Owen Wilson to started to slip a bit, but I always and will have always a place in my cinematic heart for Bottle Rocket and the character, Dignan. Of any character in Wes Anderson film, I feel the most like Dignan. I want to call him a dreamer, but I don’t think he is. He’s just a guy with big ideas and plans, but doesn’t know how to put it together. A lot of the time, I feel like that. I’m struggling to put all these big ideas and plans together, but one of these days, it’ll come together. Also, I feel a lot like Anthony, too, but that’s besides the point.

So, Owen Wilson, please get better, the movie going public needs you.

1 Comments:

At 5:22 PM , Blogger D. Prince said...

Shocking, no matter what went on... it's just shocking.

I couldn't agree more - the movie going public really does need him.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home