&t skeet on mischa: Our Hell Part 2

skeet on mischa

i wouldn't have given you it if i didn't agree

Sep 28, 2007

Our Hell Part 2

There was a moment the other day when I could've been an extra on an episode of that "Caveman" TV show. Not really an extra per say, but just some one who happened to be walking in an area where they happened to be filming. Like I would've been in the very back of the shot. Completely out of focus and out of mind. Yet I would've known that it was me in the background of that show wearing a ratty old cardigan. I would've had to live with the secret shame that I was on that show. Instead, I just waited until they finished the shot. The crew guys asked me if I was shy, to which I explained that I didn't want to be on TV, which is partially true. I don't want to be TV. I've already been on TV and wearing much more awful clothing than I was wearing that particular day. Somewhere there exists video of myself wearing a stink pink polo chatting with Ryan Seacrest about George W. Bush. Okay, so I have to live with that the rest of my life. I don't need anymore secret shame in my life. So, the crew talked to me a little bit more. Explaining that by simply walking through the shot, I wouldn't be a problem. It'd be totally cool. It was just I didn't have the heart to tell them I don't want to be on their show. I couldn't live with myself if I was on that show. Even if I was a blurry mess stomping out of frame as I was listening to Raewkon on my iPod. While I haven't heard the song, I'm assuming that the song, "Our Hell," by Emily Hanes & the Soft Skeletons is about a similar subject matter. Appearing on a gimicky sitcom as a background extra.

When I'm not writing, I feel really out of it or at least, when I've been writing a lot recently, then I sort of stop, then I feel really out of it. It's a great release to say the least. Then again, I feel out of it because I haven't been able to listen between three to four hours of the Howard Stern show the past two weeks. I know what else is going on in the world, but without hearing the foul mouthed one liners from a recovering heroin addicit, it's just not the same. I've made the effort to check out some of the new TV shows this season; it's just, I don't know....they're kind of boring. "Chuck," I wanted to like it. I did. I can't speak for you or the rest of America, but haven't we all grown tired of that form of storytelling or entertainment, if you will, where there's some loud pop song or cool & hip & edgy modern rock track to either take the audience in and out of a scene? I know that the music industry is strugggllinng and all, but don't we as an audience except more than that or even dare I say, more than this? Sure, if people dig the music on a show, they'll seek it out and plus one for those guys. Yet doesn't anybody else find it completely distracting to hear some big loud song at the start of the scene? What happened to letting the dialogue speak for its self and a show develop its own sense of cool? It's all force feeding cool and hipness down peoples' throats. In addition to creating false emotion. Producers and directors shouldn't be dependent upon the latest song by some British singer/songwriter to push the emotions in the scene. Directing, writing and above all else, acting should carry the emotion through the scene and story. So, going back to "Chuck," I tried to watch it the thing, but I just got too frustrated by all of the music cues. Maybe, I'm too old. Maybe, I'm too much of a music snob to apperciate hearing The Teddybears' "Cobra Style" at the start of every other scene. And the same goes for that show, "Reaper." Ray Wise as the Devil was cool and all, but "Twin Peaks" fans know that he can get crazier than that; way crazier than that. Everybody else on that show just bugs. From that main dude to that dime store Ethan Suplee, it just bugs. Maybe I'm not meant to watch cool and hip TV shows anymore. Perhaps, it's finally time to just sit and read my big, dense book about capitalism and how Milton Friedman's economic policy is similar to torture techniques used on denitees in GitMo. I still don't have a solid idea yet; I'm only 70 pages into it and I'm attempting to save the rest for my trip to the South in couple of weeks.

Me in the south, again. It's going to be weird, but sometimes, you just have to do certain things because there are people in your life that you care about them and you do things because you care about 'em. It's a hard lesson that has taken me a very long time to learn. And that's on "Someone Great" by LCD Soundsystem stuff.

Speaking of LCD Soundsystem, I went to that Arcade Fire/LCD Soundsystem show at the Hollywood Bowl a week ago and I have to say that LCD Soundsystem put on a better show. Then again, us intranet individuals have created such a unrelenting and unstoppable hype monster about Arcade Fire that it was hard to live to the hype for me. Yes, the Arcade Fire are a great band live. No question about it, but it just didn't connect with me. It should be noted that I never gave their new album a chance. A couple of songs worked for me, but on a whole, I like the first album more. So, maybe the fact that the set was mostly pulled from the new album could have explained why I wasn't blown away like other people have been in the past. Also, they didn't do "Crown of Love." Nuts to that, McCuilty. I mean, it's their best song and they didn't whatever. Also, it should be noted that the concert as a whole was slightly tainted because a small woman kept on singing "oooooohhhh" and saying, "I hope they do the song where they go 'oooooohhhh'." She said it in between every song. People were going to punch in the throat, I think. Even the dude she was on the verge of punting her across the bowl. And LCD Soundsystem pretty much gave the standard performance, which in other words means, beyond totally awesome. So imagine something being totally awesome, then taking it up about 11 notches on the awesome scale.

And that's about it for me. The seeing "Arrested Development" actors in real life count is up to 3 for me, how's about you?

3 Comments:

At 7:33 PM , Anonymous Bonham Hathaway said...

how about that meg white sex tape huh

 
At 12:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree that the music cues were ove rhte top in the the pilot episode of Chuck, but I want to believe that this had something to do with the fact that McG directed the episode. It's my hope that the music will calm down as that guy becomes less involved.

There are two reason that I'll keep watching Chuck. One, there were two totally gratuitous scenes of the cute blonde girl walking around a hotel room in her underwear. This is a gimmick I can get behind. I mean, in the good ol' days of The OC we only got Bilson in a bikini, like, once or twice a season. And two, Animal Mother from Full Metal Jacket is just an interesting guy.

 
At 4:41 PM , Anonymous c-dice said...

i'm sad that cobra style got so played out. i love the teddybears. the rest of the album is really good/funny (one of my personal favs is little red rooster vrs. the robo dog). chuck is ok. i watch it because it has the best time slot, right before heroes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home