&t skeet on mischa: The Karyn Meeting

skeet on mischa

i wouldn't have given you it if i didn't agree

Oct 24, 2007

The Karyn Meeting


I don’t mean to bum everybody out, but the fires in Southern California are still weighing very heavily on my mind. You know, there’s nothing that I could do other than hope and pray and hope some more and pray some more and check in with the people that I love and care about who may or may not be in fire danger. You know, just gotta let the fire fighters do their job to the best of their ability and hope that Mother Nature becomes a major buddy and does a solid. I understand the need and the desire to stare and gawk at the fire; take a cool picture and put it on Flickr or whatevs, but maybe, it’s for the best if we let the firefighters do their thing and watch for coverage on the TV and the intranet. Another thing about the fire or at least the way it’s being handled aside for the OC Fire Authority chief and politician Todd Spitzer (I think I may have voted for him, I can’t recall)’s collective flare up about the inability to use helicopters yesterday, but the state government has been doing an amazing job the past couple of days. Yes, it is a state of emergency and people will need government assistance to help them back on their feet, but I think the last thing that Southern California right now is a visit from GW Bush. I believe I read in the LA Times on Tuesday morning that Bush was somewhat reluctant on releasing cots and other supplies from Camp Pendleton to Qualcomm Stadium. It’s just a photo op and I don’t think he’s going to do some wondrous magic to help stop the fire or rebuild peoples’ homes. Just let the Governator keep on doing what he’s doing and we’ll be kosher like a sandwich from Canter’s.

Now, I worry about a couple of things. One, in the next local election, it’ll become a battle between politicians about how much they love and care and support the firefighters and how we need more equipment and support for firefighters. The firefighters of Southern California deserve all of the best equipment, supplies, whatever they want because if anything is a real and scary danger out here, it’s a fire. Yeah, an earthquake will be a major problem, if one ever hits. Where as fires, they tend to happen right around October every year. Get on the trolley, Scaratomatoe and pass more laws to help out with the people that are breaking their backs to save houses and places of business.

I also worry that all of this endless fire coverage is beginning to take a toll on some people. Hand to god, I was walking into a supermarket yesterday afternoon, humming the opening keyboard part of the Mika Miko song, “The Dress,” and this old guy who was leaving the supermarket hummed the same part back at me. So, either old guys are getting cooler and into Mika Miko or people are just losing their mind watching endless hours of aerial footage of Stevenson Ranch burning.


Although, I’d say this though I wish that TMZ or more of a show similar in nature was more involved with the local fire coverage. I’d like to hear Zannessa’s opinion about the fire as well as their thoughts on Britney’s new album.

And now a moment of brevity: Twins!

Back to the stupid stuff that we’d rather talk about because it’s less of a bummer than politics and stuff burning down.

I tried to watch “Heroes” the other night, but I didn’t understand anything that was going on. That Conor Obsert guy is in Ireland for some reason and that fat cop guy from “Alias” was stuck in a jail with a backwards talking guard and these horrible, just awful electricity things shot out of Kristen Bell’s fingers. Thankfully, I got a phone and missed the whole rest of the show. I can understand why the ratings have been slipping this season. The show sucks again, but the sucking is on whole other level. I know that there are people who are caught up in the show because they have to know what happens next, but I’m telling that if you skip a couple of episodes, you’ll be good. You do not need to subject yourself to the “acting” of that Conor Obsert guy or whatever that spilt personality lady ever again or clog up your DVR with unwatched episodes of it when your DVR could be filled with hilarious episodes, well, I don’t know what show is hilarious right now. I’m a couple of weeks behind on my stories. Either way, it’s a win win situation. People, I have faith that if I can walk away, you can walk away too. And if you have to know what’s happening with just check out the Wikipedia article.

Why is Perez Hilton in magazines and on TV when he’s nowhere as funny or as interesting or as talented as the Thigh Master? Come on, the dude invented sliploos, what did Perez Hilton ever give the world? That “Leave Britney Alone” guy, right?

And Twins!


Somebody told Megan Fox that I didn’t think she was that hot, then she started to crack up and then said, “Yeah, right,” then high fived her publicist who said, “BOOSH!”. Even though I think Diablo Cody is a wee bit over rated as a writer. I read a draft of Juno and honestly, who hasn’t read a draft of it in this town? It’s a good script, but that thing she’s going to do with Megan Fox actually sounds pretty killer. Hope they get a solid director to do it. No whammies and no music video directors unless it’s like Anton Corbijn or Jonas Akuerland.

Still haven’t seen Control yet, but things have been crazy lately. One of these days. Anybody else seen it yet? I have a list of movies I need to see as long as Jesse James' nightgown.


I saw The Darjeeling Limited a week or two ago, but haven’t gotten around to writing about it. I liked it. Didn’t love it. Didn’t hate it either. I liked it. I liked a lot more than The Life Aquatic. Do I think that Wes Anderson needs to destroy the Wes Anderson as somebody have suggested? No or at least not right now. I think he needs to take a break and just hang out in Texas again.

Mark Wahlberg may have been in a few of my favorite films and was most recently great in Scorsese’s The Departed, but he can’t fill the shoes of Ryan Gosling. Granted, I probably wasn’t going to watch Lovely Bones in the first place, but I would’ve strongly considered it. Here’s the thing though, Peter Jackson made a really boring movie with all of his post LOTR clout and I honestly believe that he’d make another really boring movie with another set of decent actors that puts me to sleep. I never read the book, which the film is based on, so I don’t know if it’s an edgy or interesting piece, but from what I read of it, it sounds like a bit of a bummer. I’m not into bummers these days. Perhaps, Ryan Gosling made the right choice in leaving the project.


The director approved remastered Criterion edition of Days of Heaven is out in stores right now. Pick up a copy, then buy the best and biggest TV you could afford.

And Twins! Although, I think I’m now starting to realize that they probably aren’t twins, but just regular sisters. Either way, it should be in a commercial for PBR, if they ever make commercials for PBR. Cool Kid Twins.

3 Comments:

At 9:07 AM , Blogger Thigh Master said...

i didnt invent sliploos or hamburger earmuffs neithers

http://www.top-science.com/logo/logo.gif

tv cant handles me
and thus, i be for your thighs only

x's and ho's
from yer head to yer toes!

-me

 
At 3:50 PM , Blogger Nick said...

I'm just really happy to see Kristen Bell on TV again.

 
At 3:20 PM , Anonymous c-dice said...

i think heroes is moving along quite well. i was excited to see more fat cop and less whiny cheerleader. by the way, surprise surprise, the nightmare man, who's been scaring that little girl, is fat cop's dad. they have the same power but fat cop's dad has gone above an beyond. i don't like kristen bell, and sadly, because there's nothing on in the time slot after pushing daisies i hear her voice during the crapfest that i wish was the oc (in the good old days). i tire of perky blondes at prime time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home