&t skeet on mischa: Michelle, My Belle

skeet on mischa

i wouldn't have given you it if i didn't agree

Oct 30, 2007

Michelle, My Belle

A Terrence Malick Film Going into Production as soon as March of Next Year!!!!!! Amazing, great, brilliant, awesome news! I wonder who his cinematographer is going to be? Emmanuel Lubezki? Harris Savides? Ellen Kuras? Roger Deakins? I could care less about the cast; it's honestly all about the cinematographer with a brand new Malick film. I hope it's either Emmanuel Lubezki or Darius Khondji, but maybe Malick will come through and just shock the nerd community with his choice.


This is my attempt at being a normal blogger; I hope it goes well. So, I saw a piece on the TMZ show about Dallas Cowboy quarterback Tony Romo (there’s a small part of me that wants to call him, Tony Roma’s) partying with Britney Spears over the weekend. Apparently, the Cowboys are having a great season and in the past this Romo character has been linked with some pretty decent famous girls in the past such as Sophia Bush and the surprisingly and increasingly hot Carrie Underwood. While here at the Empire, we find hot mess, I can’t take care of my kids, let alone manage to put on a pair of clean undies, but for a cat like Tony Romo, he could do so much, much better than Britney Spears. A man of Tony Romo’s stature should be hanging out with a “I’m A Slave For You” era Britney Spears; not Kevin Federline’s sloppy seconds. Tony Romo should be sticking around with a girl like Carrie Underwood or if he wants to slut it up, then holler at Eva Angelina or somebody of that particular caliber. Britney Spears of today is kind of like pop music version of Norma Desmond. Just wait for it, you’ll see what I mean. There’ll be some aspiring singer floating in her pool one day.

And I’m watching TMZ; I’ll be honest with you, I love TMZ: the TV show. I honestly try to watch it every night. I can’t explain why I watch it. Maybe it’s the “What the fuck” expression on Harvey Levin’s face every time he’s pitched a story or finally putting a face behind the woman who mysteriously fills my inbox with e-mail alerts about the David Copperfield investigation. Anyways, I’m watching the show the other night and they’re doing a story about Kate Hudson’s Halloween Party and all of the famous people who went to it. It seemed if you were either an above the line talent or an assistant or the assistant for Kate Hudson’s manager and agent, you probably had to be there. This is when I realized that I could never ever be famous. With fame and celebrity comes with the constant media attention and what not, but also comes that unwritten rule that you’re instantly best friends with other famous people because who else can understand what you’re going through, right? I don’t know if I could ever be friends with Kate Hudson or a person of a similar nature. If I can’t manage to make it out to catch the latest Kate Hudson picture, what makes me think I could go to her party? I’d go if I knew that Kurt Russell was going to be there because I’d want to meet him and talk about John Carpenter movies, but other wise than that, I don’t know if I could manage to be a room with a bunch of famous people. Large groups of white people tend to scare me a great deal.

At the same time, it goes to show that famous people are normal people just like you and me. You know that some guy was dragged to the party by his girlfriend as if he was being dragged to Karen from accounting’s party.

A potentially surprising fact about me, I don’t really like Halloween as a holiday. Obviously, I’m not the son of a dentist because post Halloween cavity season may have put many pairs of spiffy sneakers upon my feet. I just don’t know, but I haven’t been a fan ever since the fourth grade when I got a black eye from some guy who ran into me. He cried, I didn’t. It’s a holiday that I could do with, personally speaking. Nobody needs candy these days. Let’s try to be healthy for a change, America. Let’s have a holiday that encourages people to eat healthy and exercise.

Then again, if I had somebody to go to a costume party or two with, then I’d probably hum a whole new tune.


Apparently, somebody other than frequent commentors Najork & C-Dice reads this because the extremely funny Garth Marenghi’s “Darkplace” is coming to Adult Swim starting November 9th. Get Excited!

Also, the very excellent and very important and very necessary documentary No End in Sight is now available on DVD. Order it from Amazon, rent it from Netflix. Just watch this film by any means necessary. I’d give copies of the film away as Christmas gifts, but that’d be a shitty gift for any Republicans on my shopping list.

Get Excited! about the possibility of A-Fraud coming to the Angels. The Angels need a big hitter and Angles owner Artie Moreno wants to be the west coast version of George Steinbrenner, so it only makes sense. It beats fucking Barry Bonds, new general manager guy.


The thing about Anton Corbijn’s feature debut Control is that at first, the film feels exactly like every other musical biopic to come out within the last few years. The structure of the story is pretty much the same. Marriage problems, troubles dealing with fame and success, etc. Yet, the more I think about the film, the better and better the film becomes. Control is a very haunting film that will stick with you for a few days and most likely make you buy every Joy Division album that you can get your hands upon. It’s a rather dark and bleak film, but thanks in large to Corbijn and his cinematographer Martin Ruhe, Control is a visually rich and striking film. For a film that’s about music, it’s a largely quiet film that allows one to get lost in the black and white cinematography. The performances are amazing; in particular and it goes without saying, Sam Riley as Ian Curtis, one of the best performances of the year. Control is not only one of the best films of the year, but the best musical biopic thus far.

2 Comments:

At 10:18 AM , Blogger Uncle Grambo said...

A new Malick film is worth getting excited for. Thanks for breaking the news, Skeet!

 
At 3:25 PM , Anonymous c-dice said...

sweet news! and britney spears makes me feel better about myself. somebody get that girl a gay!! stat!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home